The Big Table Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is a region that can and does thrive when we choose to care for each other. When we give our time to converse and connect, we draw each other closer and create the power to lead our community to an even better future. Given the pace of our world, we tend to gather, mostly, for reasons that are more personal or organizational. The Big Table Pittsburgh is an opportunity to have a discussion that one may not have otherwise. The Big Table Pittsburgh conversations can connect across community.
Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. invites the Pittsburgh region to connect with each other on March 18, 2020 for the second annual Big Table Pittsburgh event.
The inaugural Big Table Pittsburgh was held in 2019 and brought together more than 4,000 people across the region. Please Click Here to see the outcomes from our survey for the 2019 Big Table. Click here to watch a video from the 2019 Big Table.
On March 18, 2020, people from across the Pittsburgh region will gather for conversations throughout the day. Conversations can and will happen at breakfast, lunch, dinner and any time in between—an hour and a half is all that is needed!
As a host, you would:
- Invite 8–12 people for a conversation on March 18th. These could be your friends/colleagues/family members – we encourage you to think about inviting at least two people that you may not know quite as well and/or think that other invitees may not. Be creative – don’t exclude your family members!
- Find a suitable location for the conversation.
- Provide some food ranging from snacks to full meals, to enjoy with your guests during the conversation; pot luck is also a fun way to do this.
- Serve as the conversation guide; we will provide a few conversation starters.
- Complete a brief survey regarding your conversation experience.
- Encourage your guests to respond to a brief survey as well.
CLICK HERE to download the Host Toolkit and Conversation Guide.
Ask your family, friends, colleagues, community members, etc if they know someone who is hosting a conversation. Ask to join that conversation and meet some new people.