The Big Table Pittsburgh
Pittsburgh is a region that can and does thrive when we choose to care for each other. When we give our time to converse and connect, we draw each other closer and create the power to lead our community to an even better future. Given the pace of our world, we tend to gather, mostly, for reasons that are more personal or organizational. The Big Table Pittsburgh is an opportunity to have a discussion that one may not have otherwise. The Big Table Pittsburgh conversations can connect across community.
Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. invites the Pittsburgh region to connect with each other on April 17th in self-organized small groups to have meaningful conversations, over food, to deepen our understanding of shared values as a community of caring residents, businesses and organizations.
As a host, you would:
- Invite 8–12 people for a conversation on April 17th. These could be your friends/colleagues/family members – we encourage you to think about inviting at least two people that you may not know quite as well and/or think that other invitees may not. Be creative – don’t exclude your family members!
- Find a suitable location for the conversation.
- Provide some food ranging from snacks to full meals, to enjoy with your guests during the conversation; pot luck is also a fun way to do this.
- Serve as the conversation guide; we will provide a few conversation starters.
- Complete a brief survey regarding your conversation experience.
- Encourage your guests to respond to a brief survey as well.
CLICK HERE to download the Host Toolkit and Conversation Guide.
Attend a Table Host Info Session on Tuesday, February 26 at 12:00pm at the Carnegie Library of Pittsburgh - East Liberty Branch to learn more about hosting a table. Registration is free but space is limited. Please CLICK HERE to register for the Table Host Info Session.
Ask your family, friends, colleagues, community memebers, etc if they know someone who is hosting a conversation. Ask to join that conversation and meet some new people. There will also be Public Host locations (Children's Museum, JCC, and more are in the works). Check back at a later date to register for a spot at a table hosted by our Public Hosts.