Community Leadership Course for Veterans Eligibility
Participation in the CLCV initiative is based on a selection-process. Applicants must be military veterans who served after September 11, 2001 and achieved a rank of at least E-3. Additionally, applicants must be separated, a current service member who is not within their PCS window, or an activated reserve with at least six months of active service. Applications are due in early February. No application fee is required.
For more information or questions contact Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. at 412.392.4505 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Community Leadership Course for Veterans Timeline
|FIRST FRIDAY IN FEBRUARY
||Applications must be in the Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. office by 5:00 p.m.
|FEBRUARY & EARLY MARCH
||Letters of Invitation mailed to accepted applicants
||Community Leadership Course for Veterans Welcome Orientation & Reception
||Overnight Opening Retreat (Not Optional)
Community Leadership Course for Veterans Application Information
- The Community Leadership Course for Veterans Selection Committee will consider letters of recommendation in the application process. We strongly encourage each applicant to submit at least one letter of recommendation from someone who can speak to the professional capacities of the applicant. Examples of potential sources of letters of recommendation include employers, supervisors, commanding officers, and professors.
- All active service members are required to submit a letter of support from their commanding officer acknowledging the time commitment of the program.
- Due to the contributions of regional philanthropic organizations and Leadership Pittsburgh alumni, this course is being made available for a nominal tuition fee of $300. Tuition will be due upon acceptance. No application fee is required. The Leadership Pittsburgh Inc. Board of Directors does not want tuition to be a barrier to your application, as such scholarships may be made available. Please contact Marie Hamblett (Marie@lpinc.org) for questions regarding tuition.
Community Leadership Course for Veterans Session Information
- CLCV sessions will typically take place on two to four Tuesday evening(s) each month, April through September, from 4:00 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
- The calendar for the year will be available prior to the application deadline.
- Sessions focus on connecting and enhancing veteran leadership skills within the context of community needs.
- Session locations may vary, but all will be within 15 miles of downtown Pittsburgh (other than the initial retreat which will be within a 1.5 hour drive of downtown Pittsburgh).
- Credits are assigned to each session and any project work that is required.
- Graduation is dependent upon completion of a required number of credits.
- In order to allow for busy professional schedules, a higher number of “credits” are offered than required for graduation (e.g., 30 credits are offered; 25 are required for graduation). In order to achieve the full benefit of the course, participants are strongly advised to attend all of the regularly scheduled sessions in their entirety.